I have been studying and practicing online science communication for almost ten years, from my master’s degree project on promoting environmental education through social media to a full-time role managing communications for the American Ornithological Society, the world’s largest professional organization for bird scientists. As a communications consultant, I can help your environmental nonprofit, scientific society, or research program put some new zing in your social media, press releases, newsletters, and more. My services include the following:
- An inventory of your organization’s current communications efforts and capacity
- Help clarifying your communications goals and target audience and identifying sources of fantastic content within your organization
- A concrete communications action plan, tailored to your organization’s needs and capacity, that you can refer to on a daily basis to direct your efforts
- Training (if necessary) on the tools and platforms I recommend for you
- Suggestions for easy-to-track metrics to monitor the success of your communications program
- Scheduled check-ins after you’ve implemented your plan to evaluate how it’s going and go over any needed tweaks
Get in touch today to schedule a free get-to-know-you meeting and see if your organization could benefit from my services — I look forward to working with you!