I’m here! By the time I’d unpacked and everything I didn’t have the time or energy left to do any exploring, but Jekyll Island is beautiful, all live oaks draped in Spanish moss so that they look like bearded Ents.
Before moving down here I did some looking around for Georgia nature blogs. Surprisingly Georgia doesn’t seem to be nearly as rich in nature bloggers as Ohio, but here’s a sampling of what I found.
- Coastal Georgia Birding: Birding in the Golden Isles, where I am.
- Nature LSSI: Nature blog maintained by the staff of Little St. Simon’s island, a private island resort in the area.
- The Georgia Sea Turtle Center blog: Self-explanatory. Located here on Jekyll.
- Anybody Seen My Focus?: Excellent photos of plants etc., though from inland Georgia, not where I am.
- The Joy of Bird Watching and Living a Simple Life: Again, different part of Georgia, but a fun backyard nature blog.
Anyway, hopefully soon I’ll have something more interesting to post about!